Declaration of Compliance with the MLC 2006 Maritime Labour Convention
Following the guidelines of the Maritime Labour Convention, we declare that INTER BALT Sp. z o.o.:
- does not discriminate against seafarers and officers on the grounds of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, motherhood, race, religious beliefs, disability or age,
- does not act as agent in the employment of seafarers under 18,
- does not charge seafarers or officers any costs related to employment agency; the only exception concerns the obligation to cover the costs of issuing basic STCW certificates required for a given position, a passport and a seaman’s book,
- informs the seafarers and officers before they take up employment in the terms of the job offer about the rights and obligations resulting from taking up employment with a foreign ship-owner,
- does not run the so-called blacklist of candidates – every seafarer and officer with appropriate qualifications and documents can get employment through our crewing agency,
- guarantees that requests for information or advice from families of seafarers at sea are met reliably, free of charge and as soon as possible.
undertakes to take appropriate action in case of emergency situations which the seafarer or officer will report by calling the emergency telephone number (the so-called OOH - out of hours number), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.